Greetings from Liftoff Houston
The City of Houston is excited to announce the launch of its third annual business plan competition, Liftoff Houston!
Liftoff Houston is a City of Houston entrepreneurial initiative aimed to empower Houstonians, who have a new business or business idea, by providing them with free business startup workshops, business mentoring and the opportunity to potentially win $10,000 to help start their business!
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be in the start-up phase of their business which means they must be in operation for less than one year with revenue of less than $10,000.
- Live in the Houston city limits with their business in the Houston city limits.
The competition will take place over a four month period from July to November. Contestants will participate m a myriad of workshops ranging from business plan basics to access to capital. The goal is to enable individuals to successfully research and develop their business plan. Contestants will also receive additional support from professional mentors from SCORE Houston and Capital One Bank to further refine the business plan for submission. Capital One Bank is the key sponsor for this event providing cash prizes totaling $30,000.
There are three prize award categories: Product, Service, and Innovation.
- $10,000 – Awarded for top “Product” Based Business Plan (Retail, resale, merchandise, etc.)
- $10,000 – Awarded for top “Service” Based Business Plan (Food, labor, consulting, etc.)
- $10,000 – Awarded for top “Innovation‘” Based Business Plan (Software, hardware, inventions, new market businesses, etc.)
The competition launches July 1, 2015 with the opening of application process. Deadline for application is 2:00 PM Friday July 24th, 2015.
HOW TO GET STARTED
Apply for the competition by clicking the “APPLY” button below to an account on the Liftoff Houston Competition website and complete the Liftoff Houston Application. You can also apply by visiting our website at www.liftoffhouston.com.