Please log in in order to complete your donation.
How Your Gift Is Used
A donation to the Houston Area Urban League Young Professionals is tax deductible way to help our organization and our affiliate the Houston Area Urban League. The Houston Area Urban League provides a variety of services to the Houston community including the following:
- Training to adults in the areas of job readiness, job retention, computer literacy, and entrepreneurship.
- Technology equipment and access centers for adults and children.
- Mentoring, teaching and recognition for academic excellence to children ages 3 – 19.
- Counseling and training to enable some Houston citizens to buy their first home and assist others to keep their current home
The Houston Area Urban League Young Professionals committed to serving the Houston community. Monthly our members volunteer to assist others and help change lives. With your support we are able to host the following events and initiatives:
- Young Professionals University – Fall & Spring
- Hashtag Lunchbag
- National Day of Service
- Mentoring & Educating Youth
- Supporting local Family and Youth Shelters
- Voter Registration & Canvassing
Our organization consist of a membership body of leaders helping change the Houston community. Developing this generation of leaders is key to improving the future of our city. We host a variety of programs and events throughout the year to expose our members to professional and personal development. Our events also expose our members to prominent leaders in the Houston community. These events include:
- Know Your Money
- Briefcases & Brunch
- Whitney M. Young Conference
- State of the City
- Political Townhalls
- Legislative Policy Conference
How You Can Help
We know many of our donors work for companies with matching gift programs and we’ve set a goal of raising $25,000 from these programs. If we meet our goal, we’ll be able to provide a wide range of support to the Houston community.
You can immediately assess your eligibility and gain access to detailed corporate giving information about your employer by searching our database of companies with matching gift programs below. If your company isn’t listed, make sure to check with your Human Resource Department as there are many additional companies out there who offer volunteer grant programs.
We wish we could submit the required form for you, but unfortunately the employee must submit it. We appreciate you taking five minutes to double your donation.
Volunteer grant programs are an easy way for volunteers to provide an additional monetary contribution without having to take out their checkbooks. If you’re already volunteering with the Houston Area Urban League Young Professionals, please take a few minutes to check if your employer or your spouse’s employer offers grants for volunteering – grants that could equal hundreds, or even thousands, of dollars for us.
Volunteer grant programs consist of five steps:
- Individual volunteers.
- Volunteer determines if their company offers volunteer grants – You can search our database located below to find specific company program details, requirements, and forms.
- Volunteer submits the grant request – Either electronically or using a paper form.
- We validate the grant request – We verify with the individual’s employer that the individual is in fact a volunteer with our organization.
- Corporation cuts a check.
Partner with Us
The Houston Area Urban League Young Professionals offers your organization the unique opportunity to connect with our network Houston community leaders. We host a variety of signature events throughout the year which can provide great brand awareness for your company.
The Houston Area Urban League Young Professionals (HAULYP) is excited to host the 3rd Annual Casino Night at Rice Mansion. The event will bring together the City of Houston to raise funds in support of the Houston Area Urban League. This evening offers an extravagant yet relaxing atmosphere for our guests and features classic games with an Urban League twists. This event celebrates our collective achievements while at the same time raising awareness and funds to continue the mission of providing genuine service to the community in which we live and love.
The mission of Young Professionals’ University (YPU) is to ensure that all children are empowered through education to prepare them for economic self-reliance in the 21st century by leveraging on the experiences of HAULYP members and factual data. YPU aims to offer enrichment programs, through a two part series (Fall and Spring), for Houston area youth that focuses a range of subjects from College preparation to Career Planning.
Briefcases and Brunch is focused on building your professional and leadership tool box. This impactful one-day event will serve as our Leadership Conference, with an emphasis on Professional and Entrepreneurship Development for Young Professionals throughout the Houston Metropolitan Area.